The Ball Room, Museum Building,
Nehru Memorial Museum and Library,
Teen Murti House, New Delhi.
31st October – 11th December, 2014
Tuesday-Sunday 9.00 am to 5.15 pm
The exhibition is about Alfred Nobel, the Nobel Prize, the Laureates, and how Nobel Prize-awarded efforts have shaped and continue to change our world.
The Nobel Prize: Ideas changing the world uses unique objects and documents, original artistic interpretations, and advanced exhibition techniques.
The exhibition consists of five pavilions dealing with five different themes:
• The Nobel Prize provides an introduction to the Nobel Prize and its areas.
• Alfred Nobel presents Alfred Nobel, his inventions and industrial operations, and the background to his will.
• The Nobel Prize over the Decades gives an overview of the history of the Nobel Prize, and of the Laureates and their work.
• The Nobel Prize in our Daily Lives demonstrates the link between Nobel Prize-awarded efforts and phenomena in everyday life.
• The Nobel Prize and the Future addresses the question of how Nobel Prize-awarded discoveries may affect the future and of what future Nobel Prizes may involve.
Specially trained guides are there for school and student tours.
All are welcome.