Services Bye Laws
1. Short Title and Commencement
- These Bye-Laws shall be called the Nehru memorial Museum and Library Society Amended (Service) Bye-Laws.
- These shall be deemed to have come into force from 29th August 2003.
- These Bye-Laws shall apply to every employee of the society.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in clause (1) the Executive Council may, by agreement with any employee, make such special provisions regarding his conditions of service as it considers necessary, and in such a case these Bye-Laws shall not apply to the extent to which the said Bye-Laws are inconsistent with the said provisions
(1) In these Bye-Laws unless the context otherwise requires:
- "Appointing Authority" in relation to any post under the society means the authority competent to make appointments to that post under Bye-Laws;
- "Borrowed employee" means an employee of any authority whose services are obtained by the society on loan;
- "Employee" means a person serving the Society in any post specified in the First Schedule;
- "Foreign Services" means service for which an employee receives, with the approval of the Appointing Authority, his pay from any source other than the funds of the society;
- "Pay" means the pay as defined in Fundamental Rules/Supplementary Rules
- "Sanctioning Authority" means:-
- in relation to group 'B', 'C' & 'D' posts the Director;
- in relation to group 'A' post the Chairman, Executive Council, provided that appointments to the post above the level of Research Officer shall be made with approval of the Department of Culture.
- "Schedule" means a schedule to these Bye-Laws;
- Selection Committee means: A Committee to select one or more persons as per Bye-Laws.
- "Society" means the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library Society;
- "Executive Council" means the Executive Council of the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library Society;
- "Chairman" means the Chairman of the Executive Council;
- "Director" means the Director of the Society;
- Deputy Director (proposed to be re-designated as Joint Director) means Deputy Director (Joint Director) of the society;
- "Administrative Officer" means the Administrative Officer of the Society;
3. All words and expressions used but not defined in these Bye-Laws and defined in the Rules & regulations of the Society shall have the meaning respectively assigned to them in the said Rules and Regulations.